Threshold as per Vastushastra
The threshold is gradually disappearing in the modern household. A threshold defines the boundary of the vastu and symbolically reminds that one should exercise restraint and adhere to discipline. Of late, there has been a general decline in the virtues of discipline and human values. Ironically, the present state of the society reveals that we have forgotten the limits of the threshold.
- A threshold defines the extent of the vastu and prevents the insects from entering the house through the gap between the door and the floor.
- A threshold should be made of wood so as to facilitate the retention of magnetic energy within the house.
- It prevents undesirable energies or forces from entering the house.
- Square and rectangular shape has great importance in Vastushastra. The threshold has the effect of completing the fourth side of the door frame and making it rectangular.
- The threshold should not be made of marble, granite or plastic strips.