Vastushastra of Factory
- The plot, which is selected for setting up an industrial unit, should be square or rectangular. It should not be of an irregular shape.
- If possible, the plot should have a slope towards north to east and the south to west portion should be elevated.
- The main building of the factory should be constructed from south to west. There should be more open space from east to north.
- The compound wall should be taller and thicker in south and west. It should be thinner and lesser in height between east to north.
- Storage of underground water should be in the northeast direction.
- Main entrance, open space, parking for two wheelers, greenery or garden and an abode of God (if necessary) should be planned in east to north direction.
- The tallest and biggest building should be in southwest (south-west) while the smallest building should be in northeast.
- The building of the factory should be preferably square or rectangular. The doors should be facing each other in all the four directions or the main gate should be through one of the five auspicious entrances.
- The centre of the plot or the main building should be vacant. There should not be any trench or water in the centre portion.
- Electrical transformer, boiler, generator, electric sub-station or any furnace wherein heating process is involved or high temperature is generated, such devices should be housed in southeast (south to east).
- The quarters for security and other personnel should be in southeast direction.
- Canteen, welding, boiling, research & development laboratory, computer server room, control panel etc. is required to be placed in southeast.
- Heavy machinery, raw materials, the Head of the Production Department, overhead tank, staircase should be in south and southeast direction.
- Heavy articles, toilet, administrative building, raw materials etc. should be designed in west region.
- Packaging, materials ready for sale, promotional literature, dispatch section, marketing department, the exit gate for the dispatch of finished goods and the parking for these vehicles should be in northwest (north-west) direction.
- Proper cleanliness should be maintained in the factory.
- Compressor, gas tank, waste bin or scrap materials should be kept in northwest direction.
- In very big industries (cement, automobiles, steel or sugar etc.) wherein the number of heavy vehicles used for transporting materials is on a large scale, it will be better if the parking for huge trucks or trailers is made in the southwest direction.
- In the case of textile industry, it is necessary for providing trenches and water storage at many places for dyeing. In such cases, this arrangement should be made only in northeast.
- In case of industrial units, the manufacturing activities may pertain to chemicals, engineering, electronics and numerous other items. The manufacturing process of each of these products is different. Therefore, as per the study of production cycle, we can plan the unit from the point of view of Vastu.
If an industrial unit is planned as per Vastushastra, the open space and the water element in the northeast contributes to progress and harmony while the fire element in the southeast gives an impetus to the progress. The heaviness in the southwest provides stability to the business and ensures smooth financial position. The wind element in the northwest contributes to harmony in inter personal relationships while the vacant space in the core centre (brahmatatva) contributes to total integration and pleasant atmosphere. In essence, these factors contribute to progress, eminence, prosperity and harmony in an industrial unit.
However, it is probable, that an existing industrial unit may not comply with all the principles of Vastushastra or technical constraints may not permit the same. In such cases, it is possible to neutralise the vastu defects through remedial measures without recourse to any demolition. By installing certain powerful remedial devices we can be successful in removing the vastu deficiencies. One should choose an experienced vastu consultant for this purpose.