Importance of Upper floors as per Vastushastra
Often, in bungalows or row houses it is customary to construct an additional floor. Vastushastra has given exhaustive guidelines about the direction in which it has to be constructed. Now days, there is an increased attraction for duplex bungalows or pent houses. Under such circumstances, the following guidelines about the positioning of the upper floor with regard to the ground floor are relevant:
- It is ideal to have the upper floor in the South West part of the house. Next in the order is South East and North West. But the construction therein should be attached with the South West.
- There should preferably be no construction, in the North East direction. Otherwise, this direction should have open terrace or living room with least weight and more vacant space.
- If an upper floor is constructed only in the North East, such a vastu may reveal progress initially. However, at a later stage all the work may be totally held up.
- An upper floor constructed only in the North West region, may result in quarrels, arguments, misunderstandings, disharmony amongst relations, police complaints or litigation.
- Construction of an upper floor exclusively in the South East, may cause obstacles in work, wasteful expenditure, health problems for female members and lack of happiness.
- The head or the ‘karta’ of the family should have the bedroom in South West of the upper floor.
- The height of upper floor should be less than the lower floor.
- The slope of the floor and the roof on the upper floor should be towards the North East direction.
- The flow of rain water should be towards the East to North from the upper floor.
- Minimum number of doors and windows should be planned on the upper floor from West to South.
Dr. Raviraj Vastu Spiritual Services (P) Ltd.
Navdarshan Apt., 1st Floor, Opp. Naupada Police Station,
M.G.Rd., Thane(W). 400 602 (India).
ph. (M) :- 09869001719,09820967087 (O) 022 25442030 / 3020/ 32001122/2537440