Eradication of Vastu Defects – House
In every vastu there are bound to be certain defects. Even in those houses selected under the guidance of vastu consultant by following all the principles meticulously, there are bound to be certain primary and a few secondary vastu defects. There are many remedies available for the eradication of vastu defects. Some of the remedies may be expensive while some of the simple primary remedies give protection to us from many obstacles we face in life.
We now proceed to explain some of these primary remedies:
- Our Prayer Room/shrine should invariably be located in the northeast.
- Regular prayers and chanting of sacred hymns in a clear and audible voice is beneficial.
- A lamp of pure ghee or till oil should be lit in front of the Gods every morning and evening respectively. An incense stick should also be lit. This purifies the atmosphere.
- By chanting of sacred hymns in a clear voice and lighting of incense sticks the vastu is purified from the pure sound waves.
- The sacred sound emanating by ringing of the bell or blowing the counch is very beneficial for purification of the atmosphere.
- We should chant the Gayatri Mantra and offer prayers to Family Deity/Favourite Deity regularly.
- We should undertake the study of Gurucharitra, Durga Saptashati or Navnath Charitra.
- At least one in a year a maha puja or vedic havan should be performed inside the house.
- The ritual of vastushanti has to be performed after entering the new house.
- Every five to ten years we should again perform the ritual of vastushanti.
- All the family members should worship the Family deity as per the family tradition and customs.
- Visit to Family Deity should be made at least once in a year.
- Rituals to honour the dead must be performed according to the prevalent custom in each household. The annual ritual, to departed souls, should be performed on Sarva Pitru Amavasya without fail.
- Cassettes containing sacred hymns, mantras etc. should be played every morning and evening if we are unable to chant these hymns.
- We should celebrate all the festivals as per our tradition. This not only results in maintaining the cleanliness of the house but also enhances positive energy, enthusiasm and happiness in the house.
- Photograph of Lord Ganesha should be on the main door of the vastu.
- Prayer Room or God’s shrine should be in the northeast corner of the entire vastu. Offering worship to spatik or transparent shivlingha in the northeast is very beneficial.
- Kalashpujan (oblations to coconut placed in water pitcher) should be done in northeast. On full moon day, the old coconut should be immersed in the water and should be replaced by new one.
- One white pumpkin (Bhor) should be wrapped in a red cloth along with 11 pieces of clove and placed in vastu.
- Worshipping of 9 copper yantras is beneficial.
- On no moon day (Amavasya) we should take 9 lemons. Facing the south,make 4 parts of each lemon and together with piece of charcoal it should be immersed in water after chanting a prayer for eradication of the inauspicious elements in vastu.
- Ritual to fire (agnihotra) should be regularly done in the Vastu. At least, once in a year, a havan or ritual sacrifice should be performed.
- If the expenditure is more than the income and if there is no surplus then the cupboard or safe should be kept in the South. OM (SWASTIK) should be written on the safe with ashtagandha on a full moon day. The door of the cupboard should open towards the northeast.
- All the prevailing traditions, customs and rituals of the family should be observed.
- We should never say that there is defect in our vastu. It is believed that the vastu purusha will confer his blessings accordingly by saying ‘Tatasthu’ (Let it happen so).
- While performing daily worship, it is beneficial to offer prayers to Family Deity, Family Deity, Bhagwan Dattatreya and also Vastu Purusha.
- Puja of vastupurush should be conducted whenever we perform any auspicious function.
- Every day we should make little offering of food in the water for aquatic creatures and to animals/birds.
- We should never place any object relating to the funeral rites within the vastu or while making worship.
- In the prayer we should not place the photos of departed persons along with that of Gods.
- Worship of Gods or their photos should not be done in the South West.
- Photos of Gods should be placed in the proper place. Photos of departed persons should not be kept in Vastu.
- Vastushanti should be performed and doing of ‘udakshanti’ every year is beneficial.
- We should perform ‘laghu rudra’ or ‘maha rudra’ in vastu.
- The main door should have ‘threshold.
- Installation of duly sanctified silver swastika symbol on the main gate at the auspicious time is very beneficial.
- Placing of used horse shoe ring (preferably black horse) in the main door at the auspicious time.
- At the time of vastu pujan (consecration of plot), worship of following yantras is essential – mangal yantra, vastu charka, shani yantra, chitragun yantra and navgraha yantra.
- Planting of thorny plants in vastu should preferably be avoided.
- Dilapidated/unused septic tanks if found in the vastu should be destroyed and that place should be filled by other material.
- On the boundary of the vastu plot, a pit of about 12” should be dug and duly sanctified black gram, black sesame (til) and red rice should be put therein.
- On all the four boundaries 6” long pegs should be driven of of oudumber, peepal, lemon and banyan tree and thesed branches should be brought at the auspicious time.
- On pournima (full moon day) visit the shrine of Lord Dattatraya or Swami Samartha and a coconut should be duly sanctified at the feet of the Lord. A morsel of rice should be tied in a red cloth and kept in the house.
- Audible chanting of Sacred hymns like Hanuman Chalisa, Ram Raksha, Guru Charitra, Durga Saptasathi, Shiv Leelamrut, Gajanan Vijay should be done within the vastu.
- While cleaning the tiles, floors etc. cow’s urine, turmeric, kumkum camphor can be used.
- A coconut has to be offered to the family deity and the worship of the same is to be made in prayer room.
- We should perform ‘Agnihotra’ (oblation to fire) every day in the morning and evening.
- Everyday, before partaking meals, a little quantity of all the prepared food items should be placed on a leaf and offered to the crow. This is known as ‘Kak Bali’. On a particular day, if food has not been prepared in the house due to some reason, any eatable item readily available in the market should be placed on a leaf and offered to the crow.
- We should never insult or make fun of any person.
- Purity of thought and actions is expected from the persons residing in the vastu.
- If any temporary loans etc. are availed the same should be returned with interest at the earliest.
- If the financial condition permits, one should perform ‘Nav Chandi’ havan every year.
- Once in a year, on no moon day (amavasya) curd rice and coconut should be circulated over the entire house and then thrown outside.
- Performance of ‘Kalsarpayog Shanti’ and ‘Tripindi Shradha’ as per the horoscope should be done under the guidance of an expert.
- After installing ‘Shreeyantra’ in the house, we should chant ‘Shreesukta’ everyday at least once.
- Clean water should be filled in a bottle. A mixture of cow’s urine, camphor,asafoetida powder (hing), wavding powder in two table spoons should be mixed with the water. This water should be sprinkled in the entire house other than the toilet and bathroom. This exercise should be done for 45 days.
Dr. Raviraj Vastu Spiritual Services (P) Ltd.
Navdarshan Apt., 1st Floor, Opp. Naupada Police Station,
M.G.Rd., Thane(W). 400 602 (India).
ph. 022 25442030 / 3020/ 32001122/2537440